DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
THIAGARAJAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
MADURAI - 625 015
TAMIL NADU, INDIA
T48 System Administration Lab
- An introduction to system administration of a Linux system for novices
- A good hands-on experience at the undergraduate level
IV Semester A Section
Tuesday - 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm.
Thursday - 10.45 am to 1.00 pm.
IV Semester B Section
Tuesday - 10.45 am to 1.00 pm.
Friday - 10.45 am to 1.00 pm.
Internals - 50 Marks
Continuous Assessment - 20 Marks
Record Work - 10 Marks
Model Test - 20 Marks
Externals - 50 Marks
Minimum 75% Attendance and 50% Marks are necessary to clear the course
1. Richard Peterson, “The Complete Reference: Linux”, McGraw Hill Publications, Sixth Edition, 2008. (System Administration – Part VII ,Part VIII, Security Administration – Part V)
2. Data Center Administration related course materials from IBM Systems Journal, Dell, NetSuite, TechTarget Datacenter Media, etc.
3. Nicholas Wells, “Guide to Linux Installation and Administration”, Vikas publishing house, 2000.
4. Aelig, Leen Frisch, “Essential System Administration, Tools and Techniques for Linux and Unix Administration”, Third Edition, O'Reilly Media Publishers, 2002.